MoonShadow - A Priston Tale 2 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoonShadow's official forum

HomeHome  pagepage  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
MoonShadow recruits active, friendly and talkactive people Wink

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zerek
Immortal Forum Stalker
Immortal Forum Stalker
Zerek

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Empty
PostSubject: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Here's a lil guide for a Tanking Build for a Pally Cool

Skills At 50 - Pure Tank:
Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Zer50s10

The currenty problem with pally is some of the skills are bugged, and do alternate functions. Some just simply dont work; others are totally useless. Hopefully you'll come out of this with half a clue as to what to spend points on.

Paladin: LVL 10 - 30 Skill Explaination

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Shield10
First thing to do here is to get that lovely shield icon up on the far left of the skill tree - why? Because as a pally all your skills rely of a shield, not a 1H sword - its the shield that makes them. So get this as soon as you can.

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide 1hswor10
This is the next skill to max, it should be done ASAP, this passive adds to you attack power (needed since were Tanking), and at level 5 will give you a further 30 (I reckon its more) Attack Power - Woot! Smile

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Holyli10
This skill is the backbone of your offensive abilities, its a 3 strike (2strikes below lvl 5) pretty heavy hitting skill. Pre 30, you'll only want this to lvl 3 or so, because of the higher mana consumption (yes theres the tradeoff damage = mana Crying or Very sad) but an important skill to have. Unfortunaylt to activate your level 50 skill, you need to max this, and the difference between lvl 4 and 5 is immense - purely through mana consumption, with roughly 1700 mana you can run a boss in GV 40 or 45 without having to pot (probably) this is with Holy Light at lvl 4, the mana cost doubles at lvl 5, to 126 (120 with clan skill for 5% less mana). As such i strongly advise you to max your Aicon, then quickly move onto leveling your Tairi for that extra mana boost.

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Shield11
VITAL! This is your luring skill, the class taunts really suck here atm as they add too little fame to hold onto aggro if used (thus why were not wasting time with them). Instead this little beauty gives you a ranged attack, with decent damage (similar to a normal attack but slightly higher). But works as a good lure for GV or as a basic skill (due very low mana usage).

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Shield12
This is important to remember: this skill is needed to unlock a very useful lvl 50 skill. But the effect is bugged! Its meant to pushback the enemy - instead it glitches and doesnt show the pushback having occured.
However all is not lost! The damage is comparable to your ranged lure skill and the glitch causes this skill to act more as a stun than as a pushback - so can be very useful soloing (Bosses in GV are immune to it). The glitch does push the mob back but not on your screen - this causes your melee skills to glitch for distance and allows only normal hits and ranged skills to work properly for the duration of the effect (shown on the target info).
It is easy to overcome using WASD controls as you simply have to run towards the mob and keep trying to use melee skills (or run forward a few paces - this does cause target facing problems at times but shouldnt cause too much bother).
Advice: in a party for GV advise your melee members you may use this skill - courtesy would be appreciated, and advise them as to how to overcome the glitch. Since ive already stated bosses are immune, this becomes another low mana skill. Smile

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Hammer10
Your final useful skill from the lvl 10 - 30 section! This is your first aura and is fairly useful to have at low level; but is regarded as a PVP based skill since there are other Aura's later in the skill tree with far greater effect for PVE gaming. this simply adds attack power to yourself or to your party. it cannot be combined with the lvl 30 aura - so you have to choose (but is always useful to have for a little extra damage).

These are themost useful skills for a paladin to have , I personally havent bothered with getting any of the others, since theyre useless or provide too little effect for their cost.

More Information can be found by chatting to me ingame (IGN - Zerek/ Vigil ) or by using this forum post from CorrupteD:

http://forum.gamerkraft.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=34004

*sighs* Rolling Eyes preaching to the masses

Last edited by Zerek on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zerek
Immortal Forum Stalker
Immortal Forum Stalker
Zerek

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Holy Knight: LVL 30 - 50 Skill Explaination

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Shield10

Endurance Reinforcement - what a skill, a passive that adds a cumulative value of 2600hp to your char at lvl 5, can be maxed by lvl 38, so well before you hit the lvl to start tanking in Goblin Valley. A godsend for Pally's, and the foremost skill to max out in our arsenal! If i catch any half decent Paladin without this skill maxed i will personally see to it your beaten to within an inch of death, or until you recognise that you need to max this. I cannot stress enough how important this skill is going to be to you!

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Shield11

This tasty little number is going to give you 130 block rate at lvl 5 (20 more per level) and while blockrate may currently be bugged (im not sure i dont really notice if it is or isnt) but its going to be vital none the less when its working properly - IMHO a good place to spend 5 skill points to protect for the future (also maxes at 38 so i would advise staggering this with Endurance Reinforcement).

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Powera10

A Paladins only dedicated AOE! fairly mana intensive, so ive left mine at lvl 1. A useful skill for PVE, due to low(ish) cooldown, and some fairly average damage over 4 targets. Works well in GV where you have to control the trash mobs. Gives good aggro generation, but needs to be repeated in order to hold the aggro. Works well in hitting down 3 - 4 mobs mobs in combination with your lvl 10+ skills when tanking in GV - AOE a group to hold aggro, shield throwing on one, shield attack on a second, normal hits on the 3rd, repeat shield throwing on the 4th (you save Holy Light incase one breaks for your healer) after this cycle, focus on one mob but keep AOE to try holding aggro off the DPS. Low radius so you need to move around - hit melee mobs with other skills, then run towards ranged mobs to collect them with the AOE.

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Shield13

Shield of God - bugged skill - but itll be useful, as with some %age based buffs this ones bugged to giving you only +10 block atm, but since its only a lvl 3 skill and unlocks another decent buff, id watch this spot for when its fixed.

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide Lighto10

Light of Blessing - your 2nd valuable aura skill, adds 150% regen speed to MP and HP at lvl 5. Vital for party play and useful in solo since it cuts down on those regen pots we all love to hate - the basic ones are 180% so not bad for a simple skill, should stack with them aswell so you can get further increases to this. Useful in GV when you cba to pot after a group of mobs, and is always loved by healers since they waste less on MP pots (if theyre forced into using them). Highly valuable and defiantly one to max IMO.

Footnotes:

To get rid of Death Crisis Slice you need to fully reset your skills with a Reset Book from an Event, or from the IM, if you dont have this, then you wont have the 2nd skill point to spend at LVL 50 on a skill immediately. If this applies to you i would advise you to aim for the Bloody Cross skill First, as opposed to Rush Of Defence. This would suit a PVP or PVE build, since the skill serves functions in both, whilst being angled more for PVP. (you just need to know how and when to use it in PVE)

2. Shout of Knight - this is a Paladins taunt skill - similar to a warrior's,but due to the pathetic fame rating gained by this skill its not one to get immediatly - Paladins take aggro by damage skills generating high aggro levels and holding that aggro; not by an initial increase. The AOE taunt it unlocks however does seem to be more along the lines of worth the effort to reach it. I have yet to test this, as the skill skips and is only unlocked at lvl 70.

Again, any problems gimme a shout ingame (IGN- Zerek/ Vigil). Or shout here on the topic, ill drop you a PM, or grab you in the chatbox.

Last edited by Zerek on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zerek
Immortal Forum Stalker
Immortal Forum Stalker
Zerek

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm

And for Lvl 50 skills Twisted Evil

BTW someone get me an ninja smiley >_>
Back to top Go down
Chili
Great Moon
Chili

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Cool Guide Razz
*My Guide Sucks What a Face*
Back to top Go down
Zerek
Immortal Forum Stalker
Immortal Forum Stalker
Zerek

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Bump - Updated With Holy Knight Skills *** Now At Level ***
Back to top Go down
Shyuan

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks for your guide! what about >lvl50? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide   Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paladin Skill Tree + Tanking Build Guide
Page 1 of 1